Customer terms and conditions
The following customer terms and conditions (CTC) apply to all transactions undertaken by Target Languages GmbH.
- Orders placed verbally are only effective upon written confirmation. Any amendments or additions to orders must be in writing.
- The customer awarding the contract must have the appropriate rights to the content. As a precaution, the customer further indemnifies the supplier (Target Languages GmbH) from any third-party claims.
- The supplier is entitled to have its services performed by qualified third parties. The supplier is liable only for the careful selection of third parties and within the agreed rules on liability.
- The supplier provides all services to the best of its knowledge and belief. The client bears any risk arising from the translation by the supplier, including infringement and financial losses. The customer must immediately check the content provided by the supplier for technical integrity and correctness. This particularly applies to content relevant for decision-making, such as numerical, production-related, and medical information, as well as business results. The customer cannot hold the supplier responsible for any loss or damage caused by the use of documents or texts prepared by the supplier. The customer shall indemnify the supplier for any claims by third parties arising from the supplier’s service.
The customer shall notify the supplier in writing of any change requests or complaints within 10 working days after receiving the content. Any further claims following this period are excluded. This applies regardless of the type of claim or cause of action, whether it is a breach of contract, tortious act, or otherwise, even if the supplier has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Liability is further independent of offers or additional documentation. Identified errors are corrected at no additional cost.
Any further liability is excluded with the exception of intentional or gross negligence proven by the customer or its subcontractors. For contracts, brand and product names, slogans, and other protected content, the supplier’s responsibility is limited to the correct execution of the contracted services. Further liability, particularly regarding legal consequences, is excluded.
- The customer must inform the supplier of the completion of the project and, where necessary, provide any additional information or documents in a timely manner.
- Invoices are due 10 days after receipt thereof. Claims for interest are calculated according to legal guidelines. The supplier may terminate the contract for good cause without notice in the event of a culpable breach by the customer.
- Unless otherwise agreed, translation fees are calculated per line (1 standard line has 55 characters including spaces). The line or word count is taken from the source language of the translation. If the volume of the target language is 10% more than that of the source language, the translation is invoiced according to the target language.
- The supplier agrees to keep all facts that become known during the course of the contract strictly confidential. Given the known risks of the electronic transfer of content and data, the supplier shall not be held liable should such content be obtained electronically by third parties.
- This contract is applicable exclusively under German law. All claims from merchants fall exclusively under the jurisdiction of Heidelberg, Germany.
- If any of the aforementioned provisions become invalid, the validity of the remaining provisions is not affected. The invalid provision shall be replaced by a valid provision that approximates it in terms of the invalid provision’s economic purpose.